Preparing for your Non Scalpel Vasectomy
- Signatures and completion of your consent form is required and must be brought in with you, it may be downloaded.
- Avoid taking Aspirin , Fish Oil or Anti-inflammatory tablets five days before the procedure – If your doctors have prescribed Aspirin or a similar "blood thinning" agent for prevention or treatment of heart or cerebral disease, please contact reception.
- Take 2 Antibiotics the night prior to your procedure. On the day of procedure and the following day, take 1 capsule every 6 hours.
- SHAVE all hair off the genital area – including above the penis and front and sides of the scrotum the night before the procedure using scissors first then using a razor.
- One hour before the procedure take 2 Paracetamol/Panadol tablets with a sip of water.
- Shower using Sapoderm soap 48 hours before the procedure and just before leaving home. Ensure that your bladder is empty at arrival time for your procedure.
- Avoid taking Fish Oil, Omega 3, Krill or Garlic tablets for five (5) days before the procedure.
- You may eat normally for procedure.